The overall goal :
Integrate the OWB technical stack with the 11g database. This simplifies the OWB installation by incorporating it as a database option during database installation.
Additional goals include:
- Not requiring SYSDBA credentials at OWB installation time
- Requiring only one OWB schema per Oracle Database instance
- Requires only a single Control Center Service for the database instance, serving the OWBSYS schema.
- The single unified repository enables maintaining a single copy of OWB database objects in OWBSYS (tables, views, PL/SQL packages, and so on).
Features (also available in the OWB 10.2.0.3 patch):
- Versioning of Type 2 SCDs: Hierarchy versioning supports multiple hierarchies. Hierarchy versioning is not enabled by default for type 2 SCDs (slowly changing dimensions). You must use the Data Object Editor to enable hierarchy versioning.
- Set-based DELETE in Mapping Code Generation: You can design a mapping with the loading type set to DELETE and code generation set to SET BASED.
- Merge Optimization for Table Operators: You can enable the Merge Optimization property for table operators. When set to true, this property optimizes the invocation or execution of expressions and transformations in the MERGE statement.
- DML Error Logging to Handle Error Tables: DML error logging is available for set-based maps.
When Do You Need Stand-alone Installation?
The OWB 11g stand-alone installation is required only if you must:
- Deploy to an Oracle Database 10g, release 2 target
- Perform Discoverer deployment
The stand-alone DVD is bundled with the 11g database pack.