Today we have great news for you: Docufy becomes Doxxy !
And not only the name improved!
Doxxy is a RAD-tool for generating operational reports. With its intuitive APEX UI, you easily configure your documents by adding DOCX-templates and SQL-queries. The engine is written in PL/SQL, which makes installation, integration and maintenance very straight forward. The tool comes as a packaged application for APEX 4.x.
The main concepts and principles are still the same:
- Simple architecture and installation
- User-friendly RAD-tool
- Gathering data via MS Word templates
- Datasets via SQL statements
- Generation of DOCX documents
- Easy integration with the development software of your choice
- Master-detail structures possible
On the occasion of APEX World of last month, we released Doxxy 1.2. This version includes some interesting new features.
What is new?
First of all, Doxxy is a tool for developers: for APEX developers … surely, but in fact for anyone who is developing against an Oracle database and who needs a printable output. Until now, the reporting engine generated a .DOCX file as printable document. In version 1.2 there is an extra option available which makes it possible to have a PDF-document as output.
Other new features we added to the product are:
- Possibility to add some PL/SQL logic at the beginning or at the end of the generation process.
Possible use-cases can be:
a) set an Oracle context with a language indicator at the beginning of a report, or preparing your data in temporary tables to make the querying more easy.
b) At the end you may use it for updating a print-status or – flag on given records.
- Performance optimalization for documents with a lot of content or with a lot of IF-statements
- The export –and import mechanism is XML based. It is now also possible to export/import multiple documents from a given folder in one run.
- Easy search-box to quickly find a document in the object tree
- Template visualization and validation: when you do an upload of a template, the system does some basic validations on the ‘formal’ content of the template, especially on the names of the tags.
From within the Doxxy-UI you may also visualize the formal structure of your templates. Errors are visually emphasised in red.
- Simplified mechanism to include images (coming from a BLOB-column) into the report-output.
- Extra page to maintain your doxxy-specific private synonyms.